When I first read about the BLT sandwich on a menu a couple of years ago in a coffee shop I REALLY wondered what this people were on about. I’m from the village so you can’t blame me for taking a minute to get what BLT stood for, when I finally got it I wondered why on earth could they just not call it a simple…BACON, LETTUCE AND TOMATO sandwich?????? Anyway, I’m done with my bickering. Anything that has bacon in it tastes great so the original BLT is tasty so when I saw this over on Pinterest just over a week ago I had to try it. It was AMAZING…..it’s always interesting the recipes the girl over at SkinnyTaste comes up with. It was like a really tasty, refreshing, healthy yet decadent salad. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. HAPPY COOKING!!!
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise (I used thousand island dressing coz i dint have mayo)
- 3 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- fresh cracked pepper
- Carefully remove 2 large outer leaves of a head of lettuce. I had already used mine so I just got the biggest leaves I could.
- Shred up the third leaf
- Dice the tomatoes and put them in a bowl mix in the mayonnaise and pepper
- Place the large lettuce leaves on a plate and top with the shredded lettuce
7. Roll it up
8. HAPPY EATING!!!