Coriander is by far my most favourite and treasured herb. I’d add it to tea if I could just so that I could have a taste of it. Oooh wait maybe I should try that 🙂 hehe I digress. When I saw this recipe in the Australian Women’s Weekly Sensational Stir fries cook book there was no question I had to try it. And it did not disappoint.
The original recipe uses lamb but I had none so I just used beef fillet steak instead and kept all the other ingredients as is. Do try it. Serve with some hot rice. Your family will love it. HAPPY COOKING!!
Chilli Beef with Coconut Cream and Dhania
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or whatever you have in hand)
- 2 small fresh red chillies, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 450grams beef fillets (you can also use lamb), sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar (preferably brown)
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- Small bunch of chopped fresh dhania (coriander)
Heat oil in a wok or large sauce pan
Add chillies, garlic, ginger and onion. Stir fry till soft. Remove
Add lamb in batches, stir-fry till lamb is tender
Add onion, sauce, sugar, coconut cream and Dhania. Stir until hot
Serve with rice. HAPPY EATING!!
All Rights Reserved 2015 - African Kaya