Whoever said good things don’t come easy did not have this method of making a cleaning agent. Its so easy to make and the best thing is….. you can use it in virtually every single part of your house, from the bathroom to your windows to your kitchen. and you do not have to worry about dangerous chemicals. How cool is that?
What you need
* An empty spray container (available in all supermarkets)
* 1 cup water
*1 cup vinegar
* rind of citrus fruit or
* 16 drops essential oil eg peppermint, lavender, lemon etc or
* herbs and spices eg rosemary, cinnamon, cloves, mint
1. Mix 1 part vinegar with 1 part water ( 1 cup water, 1 cup vinegar, 2 cups water with 2 cups vinegar) in a container and mix well. Simple. its ready to use.
2. Prepare as you did in 1 then add the essential oils. shake well. This will smell better than the 1st method. You can also use vanilla extract or essence
3. Soak the rind in vinegar for at least 2 weeks and up to a month. discard the rind and mix the vinegar with water in a spray container. its ready to use
4. use whole spices and/or herbs and soak the vinegar for at least 2 weeks. Do not use ground spices
5. You can mix and match the herbs, spices, rinds etc to your liking.
* The main purpose of the rind, essence, herbs etc is to give a scent to the cleaners so as to mask or to elimonate the smell of vinegar. Though this items sort of mask the smell, the scent of vinegar isn’t complelty eliminated from the cleaner. When sprayed the cleaner still smells of vinegar but as it dries the citrus or herbs used become stronger.
* Do not use this vinegar cleaners on granite or marble tops as the acid can make them fade. you can use them on any other surface.