Who does not love the combination on lemon and chicken? Actually lemon goes well with almost everything. Tea, rice, fish, beef, porridge etc. Lemon is like garam masala makes any dish tastier. When I saw this recipe on pintrest I thought “oooh wow” I just had to try it. The Creole Contessa has incredible recipes. You should visit her blog. I tweaked the recipe a bit because I had no creole seasoning. Ok, I lie, I tweaked it a lot 🙂 hope you enjoy it. HAPPY COOKING!!
Lemon Wedge Roasted Chicken
- 1 chicken
- 2 lemons, zested juiced and cut into slices ( try use imported lemons if u do not like it too sour)
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon chilli (optional)
- Salt to taste
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together save for the garlic, lemon, lemon juice and rind. Mix in the chicken making sure you get the marinade all over the chicken including under the skin.
2. Place the chicken in a greased oven proof dish then pour the lemon juice, rind and garlic on top. Place the sliced lemons all over the tray and marinate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
3. Pre heat oven to 210 degrees and bake the chicken for 45 mins. Serve with Honey and Ketchup roasted baby potatoes
Hope you are ready for a big change coming soon!!
All Rights Reserved 2015 - African Kaya