I found this recipe at Fauzia’s Kitchen Fun last week when I was in a panic about making puff pastry. I had two failed attempts after which I decided to look for an easier option and ended up with this one. I expected it to be very bready but it actually wasn’t too bad so for one of those days your feeling to lazy to try and make your own puff or too lazy to rush to the supermarket to buy some or too broke to buy use this recipe it won’t disappoint. You can use this for pies and rolls. HAPPY COOKING!!
- ½ instant yeast
- ¼ baking powder
- 1 cup milk+water mixed half and half
1. Sift the flour in a large bowl, add the salt, yeast and baking powder
2. Add the oil
3. Warm the water/milk mixture to as hot/warm as your hands can tolerate during kneading. The hotter the better as the dough will be softer but don’t make it boiling hot.
4. Add the milk mixture slowly into the flour as you knead the flour until u have a soft firm dough, not too sticky
5. Knead the dough well on a floured surface. Pound the dough as you turn in around so as to make the dough soft (almost like you would for chapattis or mandazi)
6. Set aside for about 30 mins for the dough to rise.
7. Use as needed