Well as the name above suggest this will be a QUICK one.
I really did not feel like making lunch yesterday but I was hungry and I had to eat. I came into the house at 1.03 by 1.20 I was eating. I made two sandwiches using small slices of brioche bread and a small 130 gram piece of chicken breast I thought id be able to finish it all but I only managed to go through about 1.25 of it.
OOH you can add your own twist to this, add some bacon, an egg, ham, cheese, pineapple. ANYTHING you like. HAPPY COOKING!!
Well here goes.
You will need
- 130 gram chicken breast ( or a half of the chicken breast)
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 leaves of lettuce, sliced
- ½ tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon light mayonnaise
- 4 slices of bread
- A little butter ( I used a teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice your breast to create a butterfly. Pound it down with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Smear 1 teaspoon garlic and some salt and pepper. Let it rest as you make your bread
2. Apply the butter on one side of the bread and toast it on a pan till brown and place on a plate
3. Put a ½ teaspoon on oil in the pan and sear your chicken breast for about 4 mins on each side till cooked through. Place on top of the bread
5. As the chicken cooks, put the lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise in a bowl put in a little salt and black pepper and mix well.
6. Once the chicken is cooked add the remaining ½ teaspoon of oil and the onions, let it cook for about 2 mins, add the remaining ½ teaspoon of garlic and some chilli flakes if you like. Cook for a further 1 min. and you’re done.
7. Now to assemble. Place your bread first, then the chicken, then the onions then the lettuce mixture and top with bread, VIOLA. Quickie lunch. HAPPY EATING